Primary SEN Education Specialist - Hammersmith, London
“I just don’t understand. You can’t make me do it.”
You and I both know that students with Special Educational Needs don’t fit the mainstream model and that it takes a patient, creative and non-judgemental individual to engage and support them with their learning and development. Alongside your experience of teaching children with a range of SEN and SEMH issues, these qualities will be vital in giving Fresh Start in Education’s young people a second chance.
Are you this person? Do you have time in your week to support society’s most vulnerable young people?
Working with Fresh Start in Education as an Education Specialist you will be:
- teaching young people on a one-to-one basis outside of school in suitable and creative environment
- planning and delivering educational sessions specifically designed around their needs, you’ll help them make real, tangible progress
- working on a Bank Staff contract and will be matched to a student based on your experience and expertise
- Daily sessions last 3, 4 or 5 hours and over 6 – 12 weeks depending on the student, giving you flexibility and a great work-life balance
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons for students with SEN and SEMH, particularly those with ASD
- Have taught children at both Key Stages 1 and 2 (QTS is desired but not essential)
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
- Be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Have a good standard of IT competency
- The ability to write effective risk assessments and reports on sessions
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.