Education and Engagement Specialist KS3 - Nottingham
“I’m not going back to school. You can’t make me”
True. You can’t make a young person go to school. You can’t make them learn.
So, what can you do?
Fresh Start in Education have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education. Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
You’ll be working 1:1 with specific students that will benefit from your specific experience and skill set. They might not want to know you to begin with, but that’s where the challenge comes in.
Over 6-12 weeks you’ll be dedicated to one or more students and Fresh Start encourage learning through engagement, so you will also be creative and resourceful.
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff agreement – offering you flexibility
- Located around in and around Nottingham
- Hourly pay up to £30.00 per hour plus additional payment for planning
- Contracts last 6-12 weeks – hours depend on the student’s capability
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line manager
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resource are subsidised
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Invitation to an annual conference for all Education Specialists – a great opportunity to meet your colleagues, have lunch and attend interesting conferences with SEN specific keynote speakers
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEMH and/or SEN, particularly with ASD
- Teaching to secondary aged children to KS3/KS4 or Functional Skills
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and students who have been excluded
- Have at least 2 mornings / afternoons per week available to offer and your own transport
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.