Primary SEN Education Support Specialist - Northampton, Northamptonshire
See the able, not the label
Like you, we believe that a label shouldn’t define someone or set their limitations. Everyone can achieve great things. How this happens, can be up to you.
Engagement at such a pivotal stage of a young person’s life literally can make the world of difference to them and their entire families. Did you know, Fresh Start in Education have a 96% success rate in reintegrating disaffected students back into education.
Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of?
You’ll be working 1:1 with specific students that will benefit from your specific experience and skill set. Over 6-12 weeks you’ll be dedicated to one or more students and Fresh Start encourage learning through engagement, so you will also be creative and resourceful.
Here are the basics:
- Working on a bank staff agreement – offering you flexibility
- Located around in and around Nottinghamshire
- Hourly pay up to £30.00 per hour plus additional payment for planning
- Contracts last 6-12 weeks – hours depend on the student’s capability
What’s in it for you?
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line-manager
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- Travel, food and resource subsidised
- CPD training offered and encouraged
- Invitation to an annual conference for all Education Specialists – a great opportunity to meet your colleagues, have lunch and attend interesting conferences with SEN specific keynote speakers
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEMH and/or SEN, particularly with ASD
- Teaching to primary aged children to KS1/KS2
- Have at least 2 mornings / afternoons per week available to offer and your own transport
- Experience of supporting Looked After Children and students who have been excluded
- A range of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.