SEN Youth Support Worker - Croydon
“What is the point in school anyway? It’s not like I want to get a job!”
Have you heard this before? Do you have what it takes to reignite the spark for those young people who have no interest in education, no aspirations, no hope?
Fresh Start in Education work with exactly these types of young people all across Surrey and London. Some with multiple and complex barriers to learning - Autism, Dyslexia, ADHD etc., some who are victims of abuse, others may have been involved in gangs and crime. One thing they all have in common is the need for someone like you to help turn things around, show them a better way and instil hope.
What does this work entail?
- Planning, delivering one to one sessions based on educational and behavioural targets harmonised with the student’s interests and sometimes complex and emotional needs.
- Reporting and evidencing learning via the company’s online reporting system.
- Undertaking Risk Assessments and embedding safeguarding practices in your work.
- Communicating regularly with your line manager (Education Coordinator).
What do you need?
- A minimum of 2 years’ Secondary teaching experience.
- Experience in working with young people with SEN and complex needs.
- Commitment and knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Ability to create interactive and engaging sessions.
- Computing Literacy Skills.
- Emotional resilience and a non-judgemental character.
- Your own transport and 2 days availability per week.
What will you get in return?
- Flexible working hours.
- Support with funding for resources and travel.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
- The chance to work in various locations.
- The opportunity to utilise your creative teaching skills.
- Company benefits, including length of service awards.
If you feel like you have the skills and commitment for this role or would simply like to find out more, please give us a call on 0203 409 3139.
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
Please Note: Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.