Primary SEN Education Specialist - Farnborough, Surrey
You know you can teach, engage, and make a difference.
But we know the education system doesn’t suit everyone, especially students with SEN, complex needs and other barriers to learning. Unfortunately, this sometimes leads to young people becoming marginalised, unable to access education, and on a path that leads nowhere.
So how about teaching one-to-one outside of the classroom?
If you’re wanting to be more intentional and student-centred in your teaching, without the distractions that come with working in schools then you could be what Fresh Start in Education are looking for. They will give you autonomy with your students, enabling you to be as creative and engaging as you can to support these young people who deserve a second chance.
Many of Fresh Start in Education’s young people come with a variety of additional needs such as Autism, ADHD, ODD to name a few. They may have experienced trauma, grown up in foster, experienced school exclusion, or who just don’t fit the mould of mainstream education.
Can you be the answer they are desperate for?
What experience do you need?
- A minimum of two years’ experience teaching students from 5 to 11 years old.
- You’ll have experience teaching young people with SEN such as Dyslexia, ASD, ADHD among other additional needs.
- Experience delivering a primary curriculum or entry level functional skills – QTS isn’t required.
- Confident and experienced in supporting young people that may display aggressive or violent behaviour.
- Be able to create a varied, tailored and engaging scheme of work.
What attributes will you possess?
- Emotionally resilient and non-judgemental.
- Easily approachable and person-centred.
- Able to demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding.
- Prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks.
What’s in it for you?
- Support with funding for resources.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Support with travel expenses.
- Company benefits including length of service awards.
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call me (James Gregory) on 020 3409 3139.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.