Education Specialist - London
Can you engage a young person no matter what barriers they face?
For young people with SEN, school life can be impossible. Most schools simply don’t have the time, money or resources to provide the support these young people need, and so they end up slipping through the net and being left behind.
That’s where you come in. With your SEN, Mental Health and teaching experience, you’ll show Fresh Start in Education’s young people that they can achieve in life and that there is hope. If you’re a child-centred, creative and engaging teacher with the ability to connect with society’s most vulnerable young people then you could be just what Fresh Start in Education are looking for.
If you’re reading this and thinking that you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
What’s in it for me?
- You’ll be teaching young people on a one-to-one basis outside of school in a relaxed environment suited to them
- By planning and delivering educational sessions specifically designed around their needs, you’ll help them make real, tangible progress
- If successful, you’ll be working on a Bank Staff basis and will be matched to young people based on your experience and expertise
- Daily sessions last 3, 4 or 5 hours and over 6 – 12 weeks depending on the student, giving you flexibility and a great work-life balance
What do you need to work for Fresh Start?
- Experience of planning and delivering lessons for students with SEN and SEMH, particularly those with ASD
- Have taught children at both Key Stages 3 and 4 (including GCSEs and/or Functional Skills)
- You’ll need to be a naturally empathetic, engaging and easily approachable person
- Be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Have a good standard of IT competency
- The ability to write effective risk assessments and reports on sessions
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
We’re serious about Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, if successful, you must be willing to undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.