Special Needs Tutor - Barking, Greater London
Empathy, Ability to inspire, Patience, Resilience, Enthusiasm – some things can’t be taught
These are some of the attributes we look for in our Education Specialists. Many of our young people face emotionally challenging events and as they struggle to cope, their education suffers. How can you help?
We’re looking for an exceptional Education Specialist to help and support a young lady of KS4 age, who’s interest in education has broken down due to the terminal illness of a close family member.
About the role:
- Based in the Greater London area
- Starting in September 2019
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person behaviourally and academically:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS/QTLS) is required for this provision
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of delivering education in preparation for GCSE’s
- Knowledge of various engagement techniques
- Experience of supporting a young person to cope with family illness and grief
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of supporting a young person who is disengaged in education
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at GCSE level
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.