Romanian Speaking Tutor - KS4 - Barking, Greater London
“I’m not going anywhere near school because I don’t have any friends”
Fresh Start in Education’s young people can feel overwhelmed as they struggle to cope with English as their second language. Being unable to speak English leaves them feeling isolated, frustrated and alone, leading them to avoid school completely.
How would you make them feel comfortable? How would you make them love learning? How would you reach out to them?
If you have the answers, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for an exceptional Education Specialist to help this 15-year-old boy who speaks very little English and as a result truants from school.
About the role:
- Minimum of 3 hours per week
- Immediate start in East London
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
You not only have the flexibility to choose when you'd like to work, but also have access to all the benefits of working for Fresh Start in Education, including training and professional development, holiday pay, pension, length-of-service rewards and financial well-being advice service.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person:
- Bilingual English & Romanian Speaker
- Experienced and confident to teach secondary core subjects to KS4 (Maths, English, Science)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting disengaged young people
- Have a creative approach to make learning accessible
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at KS4
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.