Education Specialist - Wallington, Surrey
Have you successfully worked with young people with SEN?
Are you creative with the ability to teach and engage a young person no matter what barriers they may face?
Working as an SEN Education Specialist for Fresh Start in Education will be one of the most rewarding roles that you have experienced.
When working 1:1 with this young person, you won't have the distractions of being in a classroom or the pressures of hitting unrealistic targets, you can develop a healthy and empowering rapport with your students and create an educational programme designed to facilitate a positive learning experience and successful outcomes.
We’re looking for a confident Education Specialist, who’s able to engage and educate a young man of primary age, facing complex behavioural needs.
About the role:
- 30 hours per week
- Immediate start near Croydon, Surrey
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in and around London
Specific experience needed to help this young person:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in delivering lower KS2 education (QTS not essential)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting young people with complex needs such as ADHD, ASD and Speech and Language Difficulties
- Working knowledge of accredited de-escalation techniques
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at upper KS1/lower KS2
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.