Education Specialist - Welling, Kent
Have you successfully worked with young people with Special Educational Needs and Mental Health needs?
Are you a creative teacher with the ability to engage a young person no matter what barriers they may face?
Can you adapt, plan and deliver a Functional Skills curriculum to young people who don’t want to learn?
Working as an Education Specialist for Fresh Start in Education could be one of the most rewarding roles that you have experienced.
Here are the highlights:
- Working 1:1 with a young person.
- 3, 4 or 5 hour sessions, giving you flexibility.
- Working and teaching outside of the classroom.
- No ‘red tape’ and no pressures of hitting unrealistic targets.
- Time to build rapport and be student centred in your approach.
You not only have the flexibility to choose when you'd like to work, but also have access to all the benefits of working for Fresh Start in Education, including training and professional development, holiday pay, pension, length-of-service rewards and financial well-being advice service.
To be considered for this role you will need to:
- have experience in working / supporting / teaching young people with SEN and other complex needs
- have experience in delivering numeracy and literacy / Functional Skills
- be engaging and easily approachable
- be committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- be computer and IT literate
- create regular lesson plans, risk assessments and reports
This is a Bank Staff contract and your hours of work may sometimes vary depending on the type of student you work with, therefore a set number of working hours cannot be guaranteed. If you are also willing to travel and stay away this can provide greater opportunities of work for you.
Location: Welling, Kent
Hours/Days: 6 hours per week – with the potential to be offered other work on top of this
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139 and send in your CV by clicking 'Apply' below.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.