Online Tutor - Maidstone, Kent
“I have more to give.” ...
Looking for an additional way to utilise your teaching talents while working from home? Does choosing your hours sound appealing? Could you use an additional income?
Becoming an Online Tutor with Fresh Start Direct could be the ideal solution for you. You will be responsible for planning and delivering lessons via Fresh Start Directs Online Platform. Each assignment will last for 10 weeks, each session is for 1 hour in length. It is of course possible to have more than one student within a week.
What you will need:
- Based in Kent or London areas
- Have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Have a minimum of 1-year of experience in teaching KS2/KS3 Maths or English
- Experience of tutoring and supporting young people in preparation for their 11+
- Ability to create and deliver engaging and age appropriate lessons on a 1:1 basis
- Confident in working on an online platform, experienced use of webcam and computer technology
- Have a high-quality webcam and sufficient internet speed to conduct lessons
- Have some flexibility with days, evenings or weekends
- Willing to undertake our robust 3-step recruitment procedure including face-to-face interview and DBS checks, in line with our Safer Recruitment process
What’s in it for me:
- You will be designated a dedicated Education Coordinator to offer support and coaching
- Competitive sessional rates – paid on a monthly basis
- Continuous Professional Development with Fresh Start Direct, as standard
- Flexibility with hours
- Autonomy with teaching and creating lessons
- User friendly software with a bank of resources available
You will be responsible for planning and delivering lessons via Fresh Start Direct's Online Platform. Each assignment will last for 10 weeks, each session is for 1 hour in length. It is of course possible to have more than one student at a time.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.