SEN Specialist Teacher - Wembley, Greater London
Are you one of the 75%?
You love teaching and you really want to make a difference, but the long hours, planning and marking make your work/life balance impossible. Sound familiar?
75% of teachers reluctantly leave the profession within 5 years from qualifying. Put an end to those 60-hour weeks - there is another way.
Fresh Start in Education are an interim provider of specialist education (SEN) to young people from all walks of life. They’re vulnerable, disengaged, rejected and face various and sometimes multiple barriers to learning and development. You’ll be planning and delivering bespoke learning programmes on a 1:1 basis, based on the young person’s needs and interests. All provisions are based outside of the school setting.
Here are the basics:
- 40 hours per week including planning, prep, marking AND travel. (No more 60-hour weeks)
- Autonomy of teaching but fully supported with a dedicated line-manager
- Placements are located around London
- Up to £26,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent role
- A bank of resources available to you to use or modify
- CPD training offered and encouraged
As part of the Fresh Start family, you’re welcomed to the annual conference, held especially for all Education Specialists. It’s a great opportunity to meet your colleagues from across the country, have lunch and attend interesting conferences with SEN specific keynote speakers
What do you need to work for as a 1:1 Education Specialist?
- Experience of supporting, planning and differentiating lessons for students with SEMH and/or SEN, particularly with ASD, ADHD and anxiety
- Experience of teaching a range of primary and secondary aged students
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) DET or recognised teaching qualification – highly desirable
- A variety of experience in engagement and behaviour management techniques
- Ability and willingness to travel, own vehicle needed
- Be non-judgemental, patient, emotionally resilient and person-centred
- Finally, willing to undergo rigorous pre-employment and DBS checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139 and register with us by clicking 'Apply' below.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.