Special Needs 1:1 Teacher - London , Greater London
”Can you give me a future?”
Have you ever seen a young person with SEN, mental health issues or challenging home lives become detached from education and left with little hope of being given a lifeline?
It’s devastating that so many are left behind, slipping through the net into a world of pain, hopelessness and despair.
Here’s your chance to BE that lifeline.
By working as one of Fresh Start in Education’s expert Education Specialists, you’ll be able to plan and deliver bespoke learning programmes on a 1:1 basis, based on the young person’s needs and interests. You’ll be doing this in a safe, relaxed environment where the young person can develop socially and emotionally too.
Who are Fresh Start in Education?
Fresh Start in Education are an interim provider of specialist education to young people from all walks of life. They’re vulnerable, disengaged, rejected and face various and sometimes multiple barriers to learning and development. From SEND to Mental Health, crime to victims of abuse, Education Specialists are matched to students who you’ll engage with successfully based on your experience and expertise.
What’s in it for me?
- fully funded travel and expenses
- 30 hours of work per week, giving you great work-life balance
- opportunity to make a difference to young people’s lives on a 1:1 basis
- part of a nationally recognised team of Specialist Tutors
- ongoing professional support from your designated Line Manager
- continued Professional Development
- company benefits such as length of service awards, a car leasing scheme and cinema vouchers
What do Fresh Start require?
- teaching qualification in Primary, Secondary, SEN or similar
- a degree in Education or SEN
- minimum 5 years’ experience in mainstream or specialist education
- experience with young people who have SEN in a wide range of settings
- work-based knowledge of planning and delivering bespoke curriculums
- ability and willingness to travel across London
- have an engaging, creative and caring nature
- be emotionally resilient, non-judgemental and approachable
- have an unwavering commitment to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- confidence and proactive when using ICT and computers
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139 and register with us by clicking 'Apply' below.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.