Education and Engagement Specialist - Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
You know nothing about me.
Very true. Often, initially young people may feel like you know nothing about them. They may not want to talk to you, they certainly do not want to learn. So, what do you do?
This young man of KS3 age can display aggressive and anti-social behaviour. He has a range of SEMH needs and was working below age appropriate levels. He is currently not in any form of education.
Do you have what it takes to support and engage this student back into a long-term educational placement?
About the role:
- 15 hours per week
- Based in Leamington-Spa area, Warwickshire
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience teaching to KS2 and KS3 – (QTS not essential)
- Experience of working in a secondary school environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of supporting students with SEMH
- Experience of working with gangs and anti-social behaviour
- Able to work with aggressive behaviour and willing to undertake MAPA training
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies at KS2 level
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.