Special Needs Support Worker - Camberley, Surrey
You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf!
Many of our young people are struggling with anxiety and as a result, find education even more challenging. How could you make their learning journey a smoother one?
Are you able to support this 15 year-old girl with ADHD, anxiety, and some complex barriers to learning?
About the role:
- 9 hours per week – 3 sessions
- Based in the Camberley area
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person behaviourally and academically:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of delivering education to KS4 ideally gained within a secondary environment – QTS is not required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting young people with SEN – particularly with ADHD
- Experienced with supporting students displaying Anxiety and those with a tendency to abscond
- Create a suitable environment to support the young person, breaking down emotional barriers to learning
- Working knowledge of respected de-escalation strategies such as MAPA
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at KS4 level
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.