Education and Engagement Specialist - Northolt, Greater London
Badly behaved, difficult, naughty. Unteachable?
Many of our students have complex needs that lead to seemingly challenging behaviour. Typical teaching methods may not be effective. How would you make learning accessible for our young people?
We’re looking for an exceptional Education Specialist to help this 14-year-old boy who has ADHD and some emotional challenges, to achieve his potential within education.
About the role:
- Based in the Greater London area
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person behaviourally and academically:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting young people with ADHD and complex behavioural needs
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of delivering education to functional skills/KS3/KS4– QTS is not required
- Experienced with supporting students displaying Anxiety, SAD and claustrophobia
- Working knowledge of respected de-escalation strategies such as MAPA
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at functional skills / KS3 / KS4 level
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.