Education and Engagement Specialist - Northampton, Northamptonshire
Less is more…
What would your working day be like with less box-ticking, unrealistic targets and hours spent staying behind endlessly marking?
How would you feel about working 1 on 1 with a student and having more time to tailor your teaching to their needs and particular interests?
As you well know, mainstream education can leave some students behind, providing little hope of being able to integrate or achieve in education or even society. With all the extra responsibilities that are piled on, you are regularly pushed to the limit, meaning your capacity to support those unable to cope in school is massively limited and through no fault of your own, these students don’t get the necessary support they need to catch up.
That’s where Fresh Start in Education, and you, come in.
We’re looking for an experienced Education Specialist, who’s able to support and educate a young man with severe ADHD, encouraging him in to access education in a way that’s right for him.
About the role:
- 25 hours per week
- Immediate start in the Northampton area
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting young people with Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Confident and experienced in working with a student with complex needs; specifically ADHD
- Experienced in teaching lower KS2 and able to deliver lessons accordingly on a 1:1 basis
- Working knowledge of accredited de-escalation techniques such as MAPA/Team Teach
- Experienced in working with students that can display challenging or abusive behaviour
- Confident in creating strategies and techniques to engage the young person with ADHD in education
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at KS3
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.