PTSD Support Tutor - London, Greater London
Job Title: Education Specialist
Company: Fresh Start in Education Ltd.
Location: Ealing, West London
Contract type: Bank Staff / Sessional Worker
Sessional Rate: Up to £180 per session
Hours: 20 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
The role of an Education Specialist is all about providing academic and emotional support for vulnerable and challenged learners, working with them one to one. It’s about engaging with a student using a holistic and person-centred approach, within a safe and suitable environment. Safeguarding is at the centre of all our work, ensuring that any student in your care, and you, are safe, and that their needs are at the forefront of all that you do.
For this provision you will need to have:
- a minimum of 2 experience working in education, specifically KS3 - KS4
- experience working with students with PTSD, anxiety and self-harm
- a caring and non-judgemental nature
- an emotional resilience and creative teaching and engagement stratagies
- a willingness to travelling up to an hour per placement
Your responsibilities will include:
- planning, delivering one to one sessions based on educational and behavioural targets
- undertaking Risk Assessments and embedding safeguarding practices in your work
- supporting the student academically and emotioanlly in preparation for GCSEs
- attending, or completing online, any required training that contributes to the role of an Education Specialist
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. believes in investing in its staff and wants to make working for the company an enjoyable and rewarding experience. So, as well as being a part of a national team of specialists, you would benefit from:
- regular training and development opportunities
- work related travel expenses
- length of service awards
- free financial, well-being and advice service
- discount vouchers (Cinema, eating out, shopping etc.)
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139 and send in your CV by clicking 'Apply' below.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.