Education and Engagement Specialist - Oxted, Surrey
** If you are committed to educating and supporting young people…**
You could be the very first person they’ve encountered who truly is interested in them - and who cares about their wellbeing and future.
With a genuine student-centred approach and creative teaching strategies, you could inspire a young person to find their love of learning, whilst supporting them through the obstacles they face.
This work isn’t easy and demands commitment, resilience and innovation … take a step back and think of that one person who made a positive difference in your life - and ask yourself the question… ‘if it wasn’t for them, would I be who I am today?’
You can be ‘that one person’ in someone else’s life – sooner than you think!
We’re looking for an inspirational Education Specialist, who’s able to support and educate a young man in his early-teens, who is requires help to make learning accessible for him.
About the role:
- Up to 15 hours per week
- Immediate start in the East Surrey area
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting young people with Emotional and Behavioural difficulties
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in delivering education including Maths & English (QTS is not essential)
- Confident in working with a student in his mid-teens, who’s complex needs delay his understanding and use of language
- Experienced in supporting a young person with basic life skills, encouraging independence and instilling confidence in their abilities
- Working knowledge of accredited de-escalation techniques such as MAPA/Team Teach
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at KS3
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.