Education Specialist - London, Greater London
You can learn from those that can’t be taught
Our young people are not in Education currently, for a variety of reasons. Does this mean that they can’t be taught?
This young man is in the lower KS2 age range and experiences Autism. He does not communicate through words and his frustrations can sometimes lead to him hurting himself or being aggressive. How would you engage him?
About the role:
- 25 hours per week
- Immediate start in West London
- This is a Bank Staff contract, and, if suitable, you could be offered other similar opportunities in your area.
Specific experience required to effectively help this young person:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in delivering lower KS2 education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting young people with Autism – preferably on a 1:1 basis
- As this young man is non-verbal, experience of PECS or knowledge of other communication systems would be advantageous
- Experienced in creating relevant, fun and engaging lessons that are accessible to him
- Confident and experienced in working with a student who may display aggressive tendencies and self-harm, as a result of his frustrations
- Working and up-to-date knowledge of accredited de-escalation techniques such as MAPA/Team Teach
Suitable candidates will need to:
- demonstrate creative teaching and engagement strategies based at lower KS2
- be emotionally resilient and non-judgemental
- be easily approachable and person-centred
- demonstrate a clear commitment to Safeguarding
- be prepared to undergo multiple pre-employment checks
- attend additional MAPA training provided before placement
Click ‘Apply’ to register now and upload your CV.
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139.
Fresh Start in Education Ltd. are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 25 years of age) who are currently not in education. Fresh Start in Education Ltd. specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Our entire recruitment process is centred around Safeguarding and Child Protection. Therefore, all successful applicants, who are offered a conditional contract, will undergo thorough employment and character reference checks as well as an enhanced Child and Adult DBS check.