Online Tutor - United Kingdom
The World at your fingertips
Working for Fresh Start Direct Ltd. as an Online Tutor varies from one student to the next, but the single, most-important requirement of this role is that you put the student’s needs at the forefront of all that you do whilst they are in your care. Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering lessons on-line, utilising formative and summative assessments as well as appropriate subject targets
- Lessons will be scheduled for weekdays (days and evening) and weekends, with a minimum of 60 minutes per lesson
- Documenting, reporting and evidencing learning
- Completing basic risk assessments for working on-line
- Embedding safeguarding practices in your work and adhere to all company policies
- Communicating regularly with your line manager (Education Coordinator)
- Attending any required on-line training that contributes to the role of a Tutor.
How does this work?
Fresh Start Direct Ltd. works on an assignment basis. This means that when you are matched with a student, you will be contacted by the Referrals Team to discuss the student. You will be given information regarding the required subject and level, as well as information about the student. Please note that due to the nature of incoming assignments, the hours of work and a start date cannot be guaranteed until a suitable assignment has been identified.
Lessons are not location dependent as they take place online. You will need to have a good internet connection, and a computer or laptop with a working webcam. This will also be necessary for the interview process.
How am I paid?
You will be paid monthly for each assignment, which is determined by Fresh Start Direct upon offer of a Bank Staff agreement. This will be based on your relevant qualifications, training and (length and type of) experience.
What’s in it for me?
Working for Fresh Start Direct and being a part of a national team of tutors is an incredible opportunity to do something different, purposeful and rewarding. In this role you will be challenged and given many opportunities to develop and expand your skills, teaching methods and various approaches to learning.
Fresh Start Direct Ltd. offer ongoing practical and theoretical training courses throughout the year which contribute towards your own Continuing Professional Development.
Safeguarding Fresh Start Direct Ltd. is founded on safeguarding principles and this is evident not only throughout the company’s policies and procedures but is demonstrated by the staff and tutors through their dedication and commitment to keeping students safe.
The recruitment process shares and reflects this ethos. Fresh Start Direct Ltd ensure that only the most suitable candidates will be added to the tutor register through the stringent and rigorous checks conducted during the recruitment process. The checks undertaken include:
- Employment and character reference checks
- Enhanced Child and Adult DBS checks
- ID, Right to Work and Proof of Address checks
- Validation of UK and International Qualifications and Training
- International Police checks (if applicable)
For more information please call Fresh Start Management Services on 020 3409 3139 and send in your CV by clicking 'Apply' below.